…for interminable delays between blog posts? June through to February. That’s pretty fucking slack really, wouldn’t you say?
Here’s the weird thing. This is the first time in my life that I’ve had lots of time and been able to prioritize what I do on a daily basis. I guess that blogging just hasn’t been right up there. Either that or my life has become infinitely more dull, which now I think about it in more detail is a distinct possibility.
So what have I been doing since May of last year? That is a very good question. Let me compile a short list in somewhat of chronological order and see if I’ve been lazy (my vote is yes, btw):
- Tiled and fitted out the bathroom in the addition
- Hung out with Marg and Graham for 2 weeks
- Chainsawed up 2 very large trees into very small logs
- Rebuilt all of the pool pump infrastructure, including a new pumping shed, all plumbing and electrics.
- Painted and fitted out the Jeep/Toyota garage
- Helped out with my buddy’s construction business – painting mainly…
- Hung out with my bro and his family for 3 weeks
- Finished off the den/drum room with flooring and trim
- Helped out a buddy with marketing for his fitness company
- More painting for my buddy’s company
- 2 weeks in the UK for Anna’s wedding
- Tried to buy a campsite and trailer park, and failed
- Built a log rack
- Battled with squirrels
- Learned how to make some groovy video compilations
- Fitted out the workshop, including making cabinets from scratch and plumbing in new sink
- 2 weeks in San Francisco
- Built cabinets in the main garage for sports gear and to hide the heating equipment
- Started legal proceedings against my neighbour at the forest
And here we are.
The weird thing is that there is still a massive amount on the list that I haven’t got anywhere near. I guess that’s no bad thing, as once that list is empty, then I’ll become really bored and dangerous.
I know that this career interruption can’t last forever, and sooner or later we are going to have to start earning a living again, but for now I’m going to keep pushing on with the list. I’d like to think I can mix up some of the ‘urgent/needs to be done today’ ones with with the ‘not urgent, but important to you’ kind of ones and see how that changes the balance of things.
I’d like to think that by the time that May comes around again, I’ve got more crossed off and a slightly shorter ‘to do’ list.
That would be nice.